The Directors, Senior Management team and Employees of Catering Supplies (CS) recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond its legal, regulatory and other requirements. CS is committed to preventing pollution and reducing its environmental impact and continually improving its environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular reviews supported by its Senior Management. CS also engages with and encourages customers, suppliers and other business partners to do the same. This Policy is applicable to all departments of CS.
In meeting this commitment, CS will:
1. Comply with, and where practicable exceed, all current and relevant regulatory, legislative and other requirements, including Battery Regulations, REACH, WEEE, RoHS, CoSHH, etc;
2. Establish, implement and maintain a documented Environmental Management System or EMS compliant with ISO 14001:2004 to drive our commitment to prevent pollution and manage the environmental aspects and impacts associated with our premises and activities, and ensure that it is communicated and available to all employees and interested parties;
3. Seek to minimise its use of resources such as paper and cardboard through reuse and recycling where practicable and ensure that waste streams such as paper, wood, glass, plastics, etc that we are unable to reuse are recycled in the most environmentally friendly method possible and that all hazardous or special waste is contained, managed and appropriately disposed of;
4. Seek where practicable to reduce the amount of energy and natural resources (i.e. electricity, gas, water, etc) used and implement best practice in terms of energy and water efficiency;
5. Evaluate the potential environmental impact of new products or processes to ensure they are as environmentally friendly and energy efficient as is practicable and minimise packaging as much as possible or is practicable;
6. Work with its customers/business partners to assist both parties in meeting common goals in their relative Environmental targets and driving environmental improvement through the supply chain;
7. Drive the culture of continuous improvement in our environmental performance through good communication and training with our workforce;
8. Periodically review its Environmental arrangements and performance against objectives to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organisation’s needs.